[Stay on top of transportation news: Get TTNews in your inbox.]
The American Society of Business Publication Editors has recognized Transport Topics’ 2020 coverage of the trucking industry with five regional “Azbee” awards.
Transport Topics collected two golds, two silvers and one bronze in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Gold was awarded to entries in two print categories:
- In the Print Feature Series category, the “Wheels of Justice” series that is written by Senior Reporter Eric Miller with a focus on tort reform efforts in trucking.
- In the Print Special Supplement category, the Top 100 For-Hire Carriers 48-page section that presented the 2020 Top 100 for-hire carrier rankings and looked at the ways trucking companies were overcoming COVID-19 to help the nation emerge from the public health crisis.
Entries in two categories won silver awards:
- In the Online Photo Gallery/Slide Show category, the Trucking’s Frontline Heroes photo gallery that spotlighted more than a dozen men and women in trucking who went above and beyond the call of duty during the pandemic.
- In the All Content Trade Show/Conference Coverage category, the staff’s print and digital coverage of American Trucking Associations’ Technology & Maintenance Council annual meeting from Atlanta in February, one of the industry’s last major events before the pandemic hit.
Bronze was awarded in one category:
- In the Online Breaking News Coverage category, Staff Reporter Eleanor Lamb’s multiple installments of coverage of the long-awaited announcement regarding proposed changes to the federal hours-of-service rule and its impact on the industry.
The “Wheels of Justice” print feature series and the Trucking’s Frontline Heroes photo gallery are finalists for national Azbee honors as well. Announcement of those awards will come May 13.
— Transport Topics
Want more news? Listen to today's daily briefing below or go here for more info: