[Stay on top of transportation news: Get TTNews in your inbox.]
Mack Trucks announced the Mack LR Electric model, the OEM’s first fully electric refuse vehicle, is eligible for multiple incentive packages in the United States and Canada, including $120,000 per vehicle through the California Hybrid and Zero-Emission Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Project.
These types of incentive programs were created to help improve the total cost of ownership for customers while making the purchase of zero-emission vehicles more cost-effective for customers operating in all market segments, according to the Greensboro, N.C.-based company, a unit of Volvo Group.
Along with the voucher program, the Mack LR Electric is eligible for the following incentive programs:
- MOR-EV Trucks Program, Massachusetts, up to $90,000 per electric vehicle;
- CleanBC Go Electric Specialty Use Vehicle Incentive program, British Columbia, Canada, up to $100,000 per electric vehicle;
- New York City Clean Trucks Program, up to $185,000 per electric vehicle for fleets sized with 15 trucks or less;
- Utah Clean Diesel Program, up to 45% of the total cost of an electric vehicle; and
- Ecocamionnage Program, Quebec, Canada, up to $175,000 per electric vehicle.
The LR Electric would also qualify for many regional grant programs that stimulate the transition to clean transportation, Mack noted in a release.
Mack delivered pre-production Mack LR Electric vehicles in 2020 to the New York City Department of Sanitation, the world’s largest sanitation department, and to Republic Services, involved in recycling and non-hazardous solid waste disposal.
Republic is testing the LR Electric model on a residential collection route in Hickory, N.C.
Equipment bodies from various manufacturers are available for the LR Electric, enabling customers to specify the truck to their unique application. — Transport Topics
Want more news? Listen to today's daily briefing below or go here for more info: