[Stay on top of transportation news: Get TTNews in your inbox.]
Transport Topics Radio has expanded its rebroadcast programming on SiriusXM Radio, Channel 146.
Each week, host Dan Ronan, TT’s associate news editor/print and multimedia, brings listeners up-to-date news from government, business, logistics and other sectors of the industry.
The program initially airs live on Saturdays from 1-3 p.m. ET.
The program is also rebroadcast three times each weekend. In addition to the first airing, you can hear TT Radio at the following times:
• Saturday nights from 11 p.m. ET until Sundays at 1 a.m. ET
• Sunday afternoons from noon-2 p.m. ET
• Sunday nights from 9-11 p.m. ET
SiriusXM is available live and on demand at siriusxm.com with a paid subscription.
On our April 24 show, Ronan will be joined by:
- TT Government Reporter Eleanor Lamb on the new leadership at FMCSA and recent action by states to shore up their local and regional infrastructures.
- Reason Foundation Transportation Policy Director Bob Poole on a new foundation report calling for a more free market approach to truck parking.
- TT Senior Business Reporter Roger Gilroy on the explosive increase in both new and used tractor and trailer unit sales as the trucking economy remains very hot.
- Travelers Insurance Second Vice President Chris Hayes on a new study his company has done about the causes of distracted driving and what can be done to combat this problem.
On our April 17 show, Ronan was joined by:
- Transport Topics Business Reporter Connor Wolf on the removal of the blockage at the Suez Canal and the fines associated with it.
- Former Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard on the electrification of the transportation system.
- Transport Topics Senior Government Reporter Eric Miller on the NTSB report highlighting their top 10 recommendations for transportation safety.
- From TTNewsmakers, Çetin Meriçli, CEO & Co-founder of Locomation, on truck platooning and automation of the trucking industry.
On our April 10 show, Ronan was joined by:
- New Federal Maritime Commission Chairman Daniel Maffei on the challenges the nation’s ports are having with congestion as well as his thoughts on the Biden infrastructure plan.
- Rhode Island Trucking Association President Chris Maxwell on the latest on the court case involving his association against the State of Rhode Island concerning trucks-only tolling.
- North American Council for Freight Efficiency Executive Director Mike Roeth on the 2021 Run on Less program, which this year will feature all-electric vehicles.
- California Trucking Association CEO Shawn Yadon on how truckers in his state are doing during the pandemic, as well as the latest on the court case involving AB 5.
On our April 3 show, Ronan was joined by:
- The Biden administration announces a multitrillion-dollar infrastructure program. TT’s Eugene Mulero, Sam Mintz from Politico and Jeff Davis from the Eno Center for Transportation join us to discuss the plan and its prospects for passage in Congress.
- American Association of Port Authorities President and CEO Chris Connor joins us is our second hour, discussing the congestion at the nation’s ports, and the supply chain disruptions caused by the backup in the Suez Canal.
- TT Government Reporter Eleanor Lamb on the latest news from the states, which are aggressively moving forward on infrastructure projects of their own.