[Stay on top of transportation news: Get TTNews in your inbox.]
Transport Topics Radio has expanded its rebroadcast programming on SiriusXM Radio, Channel 146.
Each week, host Dan Ronan, TT’s associate news editor/print and multimedia, brings listeners up-to-date news from government, business, logistics and other sectors of the industry.
The program initially airs live on Saturdays from 1-3 p.m. ET.
The program is also rebroadcast three times each weekend. In addition to the first airing, you can hear TT Radio at the following times:
• Saturday nights from 11 p.m. ET until Sundays at 1 a.m. ET
• Sunday afternoons from noon-2 p.m. ET
• Sunday nights from 9-11 p.m. ET
SiriusXM is available live and on demand at siriusxm.com with a paid subscription.
On our July 11 show, TT Associate News Editor/Print and Multimedia Dan Ronan will be joined by:
- American Trucking Associations Chairman Randy Guillot on the win for the trucking industry in his home state of Louisiana on tort reform where Republicans and Democrats came together to pass a major piece of legislation.
- TT Government Reporter Eleanor Lamb on what local and state governments are doing during the pandemic to speed up critical road repair projects.
- The new president and CEO of the American Traffic Safety Services Association Stacy Tetschner discusses what his group is doing to make the highways and roads safer, especially in work zones.
- Georgia State University Director of the Economic Forecasting Center Rajeev Dhawan on the latest on the U.S. economy and the challenges of restarting because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
On our July 4 show, TT Associate News Editor/Print and Multimedia Dan Ronan was joined by:
- TT Senior Government Reporter Eric Miller on the announcement by the California Air Resources Board that it wants more electric trucks on the road by 2024.
- Former Illinois Tollway Commission Member and retired investment banker Bill Morris on why this is a great time for governments to issue municipal bonds to rebuild the nation’s infrastructure.
- TT Business Reporter Connor Wolf on the challenges drivers are facing during the coronavirus pandemic and the changes taking place at Werner Enterprises as founder Clarence L. Werner plans to step down as chairman of the board next year.
- Scott Cornell, transportation crime and theft specialist with Travelers, on a new report showing cargo theft is a big issue over the week of July Fourth.
On our June 27 show, TT Associate News Editor/Print and Multimedia Dan Ronan was joined by:
- TT Senior Government Reporter Eugene Mulero on the latest congressional action to approve a multiyear infrastructure bill and why some in the House and Senate say it’s urgently needed.
- Attorney and international trade expert David Spooner with Barnes & Thornburg on the state of trade relations between the U.S. and China amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- TT Senior Business Reporter Roger Gilroy on the status of the trucking industry economy amid reports that both truck and trailer sales are falling because of the coronavirus.
- Dr. Bethany Dixon, owner/operator of the Drivers Health Clinic in Florida, on what drivers and others in the industry need to do to stay safe during the pandemic.
On our June 20 show, TT Associate News Editor/Print and Multimedia Dan Ronan was joined by:
- American Trucking Associations Chairman Randy Guillot on his recent congressional testimony calling for more infrastructure improvement, and the state of the trucking industry because of the pandemic.
- South Carolina Trucking Association President Rick Todd on the challenges the trucking industry is facing, especially in the Southeast, because of the coronavirus and how trucking is rising to the challenge.
- Canadian Trucking Alliance President Stephen Laskowski on the decision to keep the 5,500-mile border between the U.S. and Canada open to essential traffic, including trucking.
- Transport Topics Managing Editor for Features Seth Clevenger on the release of the annual Top 100 list and how trucking is managing the COVID-19 crisis.