[Stay on top of transportation news: Get TTNews in your inbox.]
Transport Topics Radio has expanded its rebroadcast programming on SiriusXM Radio, Channel 146.
Each week, host Dan Ronan, TT’s associate news editor/print and multimedia, brings listeners up-to-date news from government, business, logistics and other sectors of the industry.
The program initially airs live on Saturdays from 1-3 p.m. ET.
The program is also rebroadcast three times each weekend. In addition to the first airing, you can hear TT Radio at the following times:
• Saturday nights from 11 p.m. ET until Sundays at 1 a.m. ET
• Sunday afternoons from noon-2 p.m. ET
• Sunday nights from 9-11 p.m. ET
SiriusXM is available live and on demand at siriusxm.com with a paid subscription.
On our Sept. 19 show, Ronan will be joined by:
- American Trucking Associations President Chris Spear on the great work being done by drivers as the nation celebrates National Truck Driver Appreciation Week.
- Aaron Tomarchio, senior vice president of corporate affairs at Tradepoint Atlantic, on the huge intermodal project that is being built on the site of a former steel mill near the Port of Baltimore.
- Transport Topics Congressional Reporter Eugene Mulero begins his regular series focusing on the 2020 election, discussing what President Donald Trump and the challenger, former Vice President Joe Biden, are proposing regarding infrastructure and highway funding.
- Former Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard on his book, which calls for the nation’s transportation industry to move away from oil and more toward alternative fuels, because he argues it’s a critical national security question.
On our Sept. 12 show, Ronan marked the two-year anniversary of TT Radio with a discussion of TT's Trucking Frontline Heroes project, which coincides with National Truck Driver Appreciation Week. Ronan was joined by:
- TT Executive Editor Joe Howard, discussing how the Frontline Heroes series came together.
- TT Managing Editor for Features Seth Clevenger, recapping the contribution drivers are making to keeping the supply chain open and running during the pandemic.
- TT Government Reporter Eleanor Lamb, exploring her features on a driver who made deliveries into New York City during the height of the pandemic and another driver who pitched in to help when one of his colleagues got COVID-19.
- TT Senior Reporter Eric Miller, revisiting his story on a FedEx driver who capitalized on his popularity to help attract donations to a local food pantry.
On our Sept. 5 show, Ronan was joined by:
- Transport Topics Managing Editor for Features Seth Clevenger on the release of the TT Top 100 Private carrier rankings.
- Transport Topics reporter Eleanor Lamb on FMCSA’s announcement it will begin a pilot program to provide flexibility for the hours-of-service regulation.
- AASHTO Executive Director Jim Tymon on challenges state governments are facing when it comes to transportation infrastructure during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Melissa Runge, Vice President of Analytical Solutions for Spend Management Experts, on the upcoming holiday shipping season and the growth of e-commerce.
On our Aug. 29 show, Ronan was joined by:
- Transport Topics Senior Reporter Eugene Mulero on the move to pass a transportation/highway bill in the runup to the 2020 election.
- ATA Energy and Environmental Counsel Glen Kedzie on the latest on oil, diesel and gasoline prices in the midst of the pandemic and a hurricane.
- Florida Trucking Association President Ken Armstrong on how his state and the trucking industry are doing as the coronavirus begins to abate somewhat.
- Transport Topics Senior Reporter Eric Miller on the latest on the organized crime ring in Louisiana that was targeting the trucking industry, and the recent indictments of 11 people on federal charges.