[Stay on top of transportation news: Get TTNews in your inbox.]
Transport Topics Radio has expanded its rebroadcast programming on SiriusXM Radio, Channel 146.
Each week, host Dan Ronan, TT’s associate news editor/print and multimedia, brings listeners up-to-date news from government, business, logistics and other sectors of the industry.
The program initially airs live on Saturdays from 1-3 p.m. ET.
The program is also rebroadcast three times each weekend. In addition to the first airing, you can hear TT Radio at the following times:
• Saturday nights from 11 p.m. ET until Sundays at 1 a.m. ET
• Sunday afternoons from noon-2 p.m. ET
• Sunday nights from 9-11 p.m. ET
On our May 30 show, TT Associate News Editor/Print and Multimedia Dan Ronan will be joined by:
- TT Managing Editor for Features Seth Clevenger on the impact of COVID-19 on trucking and upcoming release of the TT Top 100 For-Hire Carriers publication.
- Trucking industry economist Noel Perry on the pandemic and where the economy is at more than 2.5 months into the recession.
- TT Government Reporter Eric Miller on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration announcement that it plans to immediately expand the use of remote motor carrier safety compliance reviews during the pandemic.
- Wisconsin Motor Carriers Association President Neal Kedzie on the impact the coronavirus is having on the trucking industry in Wisconsin and the Upper Midwest.
On our May 23 show, TT Associate News Editor/Print and Multimedia Dan Ronan was joined by:
- TT government reporter Eleanor Lamb on FMCSA's final rule on changes to HOS regulations, and a survey on truck parking in the Northeast.
- Dan Furth, president of the National Tank Truck Carriers, on the devastating impact of the pandemic on the tank carrier sector.
- Oklahoma Secretary of Commerce Sean Kouplen on the pandemic's impact on his state and the oil and gas industry.
- Stephen Burks, a professor of economics at the University of Minnesota-Morris, on the economy and the trucking industry. Burks was a truck driver in the 1970s and '80s before obtaining his Ph.D. and moving into the academic world.
On our May 16 show, TT Associate News Editor/Print and Multimedia Dan Ronan was joined by:
- American Trucking Associations President Chris Spear on the trucking industry’s role as the first steps are being taken to restart the U.S. economy.
- Federal Maritime Commissioner Carl Bentzel on what the FMC is doing to keep the nation’s ports operational during the pandemic.
- Transport Topics government reporter Eugene Mulero on the latest from Washington, including efforts to push a new coronavirus stimulus bill.
- Economist Paul Bingham on the economic damage the pandemic is doing and what it will take to recover.
On our May 9 show, TT Associate News Editor/Print and Multimedia Dan Ronan was joined by:
- Marc Siegel of New York’s Langone Medical Center on the coronavirus from the medical perspective.
- XPO Logistics CEO Brad Jacobs on what his company is doing to aid the country in the pandemic, the company’s first-quarter earnings and the possibility of acquiring more companies.
- National Retail Federation Vice President of Supply Chain Jonathan Gold on the impact the virus is having on the retail industry and the steps stores are taking to keep the supply chain operating.
- Iowa Motor Truck Association CEO Brenda Neville on the outbreak in her agriculture-rich state, as well as what trucking companies are doing to stay safe, especially as there have been a high number of incidents at meat-packing plants in Iowa.
- Illinois Trucking Association Executive Director Matt Hart on efforts to slowly reopen that state, and events that have been held to thank truck drivers.