Transport Topics Radio is a weekly news roundtable airing Saturdays on SiriusXM channel 146 from 1-3 p.m. EDT. The show is rebroadcast on Sundays from 12-2 p.m. EDT and available live and on demand at siriusxm.com with a paid subscription.
Transport Topics Radio brings listeners up to date on news from government, business, logistics and other sectors of the industry.
Host Dan Ronan
On our Jan. 19 show, TT Associate News Editor/Print and Multimedia Dan Ronan will be joined by:
- TT Staff Reporter Eugene Mulero and fellow D.C.-area reporters Shaun Courtney of Bloomberg and Tanya Snyder of Politico, who will examine the economic impact of the government shutdown, the new Congress and the prospects for infrastructure funding among other transportation-related issues.
- TT Managing Editor Lorrie Grant, on TT’s extensive coverage of the just-completed Transportation Research Board meeting in Washington.
- American Trucking Associations' Glen Kedzie, on the outlook for oil and diesel prices in 2019 and the shape of the market.
On our Jan. 12 show, TT Associate News Editor/Print and Multimedia Dan Ronan was joined by:
- TT Staff Reporter Eugene Mulero, who had an update on the move to get infrastructure rolling in Congress and the government shutdown and its impact on the trucking industry.
- Don Ake, vice president of commercial vehicles at FTR, who provided listeners the status of the trucking industry's economy.
- TT’s Seth Clevenger, recently back from CES in Las Vegas, reported on the innovations unveiled at the show that are headed to trucking.
- Molly MacKay Zacker and John Blodgett with MacKay & Co., who previewed the upcoming Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week in Vegas.
On our Jan. 5 show, TT Associate News Editor / Print and Multimedia Dan Ronan was joined by:
- Transport Topics reporter Eleanor Lamb on the latest developments regarding meal-and-rest-break exemptions and Rhode Island tolling
- Transport Topics reporter Eric Miller regarding CVSA's complaints of too many FMCSA regulatory exemptions.
- Economist Noel Perry on his outlook for the industry in 2019.
- Mirrorless camera inventor Glynn Spangenberg on FMCSA's decision to allow the Stoneridge MirrorEye system to be installed on trucks as an aftermarket product.
On our Dec. 29 show, TT Associate News Editor / Print and Multimedia Dan Ronan was joined by:
- Transport Topics Executive Editor Joe Howard to discuss his favorite stories of 2018.
- Transport Topics Managing Editor for Features Seth Clevenger to discuss his favorite stories of 2018.
- Volvo’s VP for Product Planning Keith Brandis to talk about the progress made in 2018 on electric trucks.
- ATA's Mike Tunnell to discuss the latest on the California Air Resources Board and efforts by that agency and others concerning electric trucks.
On our Dec. 22 show, TT Associate News Editor / Print and Multimedia Dan Ronan was joined by:
- Transport Topics reporter Eleanor Lamb to discuss her favorite stories of 2018.
- Transport Topics reporter Eric Miller to discuss his favorite stories of 2018.
- Eno Center for Transportation senior fellow Jeff Davis to discuss the year in transportation in 2018 and his thoughts on 2019.
- Transportation attorney Ronnie Miller to discuss the year in transportation in 2018 and his thoughts on 2019.
Below is a list of guests who appeared on our Dec. 15 show:
- A government reporters roundtable with TT's Eugene Mulero, Maxine Joselow of E&E News and Stephanie Beasley of Politico
- Tom Kloza, founder and chief energy analyst for Oil Price Information Service
- Meredith Martino, vice president, member engagement, American Association of Port Authorities
Below is a list of topics and stories referenced on our Dec. 8 show:
- Robin Rand, the new CEO of the Gary Sinise Foundation, talked about the upcoming Snowball Express event.
- TT Executive Editor Joe Howard reviewed his recent trip to Mexico and his reporting on the move by Mexico to tighten its emission standards for trucks.
- TT Managing Editor for Features Seth Clevenger discussed the upcoming Transport Topics special report on electric trucks, due out on Dec. 17.
- Freelance journalist Greg Morrison gave a perspective on the future of electric trucks.
Below is a list of topics and stories referenced on our Dec. 1 show:
- ATA Chief Economist Bob Costello, who offeedr insight on the trucking industry economy as 2018 wraps up.
- TT reporter Eric Miller, who recapped FMCSA's new rule on diabetic drivers.
- TT reporter Eleanor Lamb, who expanded on FMCSA receiving a petition and granting an exemption to HOS rules.
- TT reporter Roger Gilroy, who updated listeners on Volvo Class 8 autonomous truck developments.