The 2018 Top 100 For-Hire Carrier rankings, released July 16, illustrate just how intensely for-hire carriers are embracing technology and innovation in a competitive marketplace.
Our July 18 LiveOnWeb program, “Reimagining Trucking,” explored that topic with a focus on automation, shipment visibility and business intelligence. Watch the replay above.
Our guests for the program were:
- Hayden Cardiff (left), founder and CEO of Idelic, a Pittsburgh-area company that provides comprehensive enterprise solutions for compliance, safety and risk management. He had been a commercialization and investment consultant for Pitt Ohio. He also co-founded and was COO of Hyliion.
- Brittain Ladd (middle), a Dallas-based consultant who works with companies to solve highly complex business and operational problems. He has consulted for Amazon, Walmart, Kroger and Dell and previously worked as a strategy and omnichannel supply chain consultant for Deloitte. (Watch Ladd's full interview here.)
- Ryan Rogers, chief transformation officer at Covenant Transport. He had prior roles at U.S. Xpress from 1999-2015, including chief operating officer, and later worked at Trucker Path and Amazon. He holds undergraduate and graduate degrees from the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga. (Watch Rogers' full interview here.)
Our host for the program was Seth Clevenger, managing editor of features at Transport Topics. He was joined by Daniel Bearth, TT senior features writer and architect of the Top 100 rankings.
Our sponsors for this month’s program were EBE and FleetLocate:
- EBE is the leading provider of Process Management Applications for the transportation industry. Our workflow solutions allow our clients to maximize productivity, control costs, and increase profits in the areas of: billing, settlements, and accounts payable; recruiting, onboarding, safety, risk, and training; fleet maintenance; and mobile document and data capture.
- FleetLocate is the user-friendly, yet powerful fleet management solution designed to help fleets get the most out of drivers, vehicles, assets, and trailers. From simple GPS vehicle tracking to comprehensive asset management to affordable ELD compliance, FleetLocate’s rich data is the backbone that drives fleet intelligence, productivity, and profitability.