Bentonville, Ark. (Apr. 16, 2021) -- As the Walmart business continues to grow, Walmart is aggressively recruiting the best and safest drivers to join its private fleet and has announced it is offering an impressive $8,000 sign-on bonus for qualified Class A truck drivers who join now in select locations.
Walmart offers one of the best jobs in trucking:
- Walmart is one of the safest fleets operating with contemporary, well-maintained equipment. We offer quarterly safety bonuses and recognition programs.
- Leading industry pay, activity, training and mileage pay from the first day. If our drivers are in their truck, on duty, they are being paid. While there are different factors that make up a driver’s pay, Walmart drivers can earn up to $87,500 their first year.
- Drivers have access to company benefits on the first day and can earn as much as 21 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) in their first year.
- Predictable home time. Walmart operates weekly schedules, so drivers know when they will be home and on the road. No split days off. Reset hour at home, not on the road.
- No-touch freight. Walmart truck drivers don’t unload trucks.
- Drivers deliver to Walmart facilities and work with other associates, which reduces delays
- Safe parking. Walmart drivers park in well-lit, safe parking lots in Walmart stores, Sam’s Clubs and distribution centers across the country
- Driver health and wellbeing is a priority. Walmart offers medical insurance, training to support a healthy lifestyle, access to Resources for Living and COVID-19 safety and sanitization protocols.
Walmart’s $8,000 sign-on bonus is different from other carriers in that it is distributed in two large payments rather than small incremental payments. When a truck driver begins with the Walmart fleet, $4,000 is paid upon successfully passing onboarding and being qualified to drive. Another $4,000 is paid when driver has been with Walmart six months.
In addition to the generous sign-on bonus, advantages to joining Walmart’s private fleet include earning up to $87,500 or the equivalent of $0.89 per mile in year one; activity, training, and mileage pay from day one; quarterly safe driving bonuses; weekly home time; outstanding benefits and up to 21 days paid time off in the first year.
For information on joining Walmart’s private fleet, visit drive4Walmart.com to submit a full application.
Opportunities to drive for Walmart are available nationwide. These current locations are offering this hiring bonus:
- McCarran, NV
- Grandview, WA
- Red Bluff, CA
- Hermiston, OR
- Spring Valley, IL
- Ottawa, KS
- St. James, MO
- Grantsville, UT
- Loveland, CO
- Menomonie, WI
- Beaver Dam, WI
- Tobyhanna, PA
- Pottsville, PA
- Smyrna, DE
- Gas City, IN
- Seymour, IN
- Coldwater, MI
- Grove City, OH
- Washington Courthouse, OH
- Mount Pleasant, IA
Walmart Inc. (NYSE: WMT) helps people around the world save money and live better - anytime and anywhere - in retail stores, online, and through their mobile devices. Each week, over 265 million customers and members visit approximately 11,400 stores under 55 banners in 26 countries and eCommerce websites. With fiscal year 2020 revenue of $524 billion, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting https://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at https://facebook.com/walmartand on Twitter at https://twitter.com/walmart
The above article is sponsor-generated content. To learn more about sponsor-generated content, click here.