[Stay on top of transportation news: Get TTNews in your inbox.]
LONG BEACH, Calif. — Hyliion Holdings Corp. announced an updated version of its Hybrid eX powertrain and is expected to begin shipping units in the latter part of 2021.
Austin, Texas-based Hyliion reported the latest Hybrid eX, designed for Class 8 diesel and CNG commercial trucks, features a number of improvements over the earlier hybrid configuration, including:
- A simpler, more rugged design with a consolidated battery box that aims to significantly streamline the installation process.
- Reduced net system weight, allowing for greater payload.
- New e-axle (from Dana Inc.) for improved efficiency.
- Refined software and cloud connectivity aiming to deliver over-the-air performance and proprietary updates more efficiently.
- New automatic traction-assist feature and updated control interfaces striving for improved driver experience.
- Cybersecurity advancements to adhere to the latest in industry best practices.
The Hybrid eX includes Hyliion’s proprietary software and battery technology, and also contains an integrated hoteling auxiliary power unit to reduce idling.
After the launch of the Hybrid eX product, the company expects to recognize revenue on these units.
Want more news? Listen to today's daily briefing below or go here for more info: