The Department of Homeland Security said enrollment in its Transportation Worker Identification Credential program will begin at 10 more locations in coming weeks.
The TWIC program ensures that any individual who has unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities and vessels has received a thorough background check and is not a known security threat.
The program started with about 130,000 enrollments in the first four and half months, said Maurine Fanguy, TWIC’s program director.
DHS said TWIC enrollment will begin at the following ports on the days listed:
• Marine City, Mich., Wednesday
• St. Louis, Wednesday
• Palm Beach, Fla., Thursday
• St. Ignace, Mich., Thursday
• Newport News, Va., March 12
• Panama City, Fla., March 12
• San Diego, March 13
• Gulfport, Miss., March 19
• Key West, Fla., March 19
• Traverse City, Mich., March 20