Young drivers are appealing to fleets, but fleets often lose them as quickly as they find them, because millennials are more willing to job-hop than previous generations. What does this mean for recruiting? What specifically are young drivers looking for these days in a trucking job? What new methods are fleets using in recruiting efforts?
In our March 8 LiveOnWeb, hosted by Transport Topics Executive Editor Joe Howard, we looked at the challenge the industry faces in attracting young drivers to replace retiring drivers. We explored this topic through several prisms including regulation, technology, lifestyle, hiring practices and techniques, and use of social media. Watch the replay above.
Our guests included:
- Vigillo President Steve Bryan
- Conversion Interactive Agency VP of Marketing and Training Priscilla Peters
- FedEx Freight driver and 2016 NTDC Rookie of the Year Rich Merich
- Jet Express President Kevin Burch
The program also included interviews recorded at the 14th Annual Recruiting and Retention Conference with:
- Rob Hatchett of Covenant Transportation Group
- Tim Norlin of Marten Transport
- Dave Edwards of Cardinal Logistics
- Jeremy Stickling of Nussbaum Transportation
This LiveOnWeb program is sponsored by:EBE Technologies is the leading provider of paperless, content and process management applications for the transportation and logistics industry. SHIPS Driver Recruitment and Retention mobile-enabled applications help carriers manage the entire driver life cycle. From qualifying, onboarding and training to managing safety, compliance and driver performance, SHIPS will position your company to improve the quality of hires, increase driver satisfaction and reduce driver turnover.