2018 is shaping up to be a potentially transformative year on the government front for the freight transportation industry, starting with an infrastructure plan that trucking companies hope will lead to improved roads, less congestion and more efficient deliveries.
On our Jan. 17 LiveOnWeb program, “2018 Government Outlook,” we will dissect the prospects for infrastructure reform and how funding for the program might impact trucking. But we’ll also tackle four other hot topics that regulators or legislators have on their plates this year:
• Stepped-up enforcement of the ELD mandate beginning April 1
• Efforts aimed at having a meal and rest break rule prevail nationally
• The inclusion of trucking in any self-driving policies being considered
• And other regulatory topics, including CSA reform, speed limiters and sleep apnea.
Rep. Sam Graves and TT's Eugene Mulero (Office of Rep. Sam Graves)
During this program you’ll hear from:
• Rep. Sam Graves (R-Mo.), chairman of the House Subcommittee on Highways and Transit
• Jeff Davis, senior fellow with the Eno Center for Transportation
• Bill Sullivan, American Trucking Associations’ executive vice president of advocacy
Mulero with ATA's Bill Sullivan (Transport Topics)
Transport Topics government reporter Eugene Mulero will host the program and be joined by colleague Eric Miller.
To reserve a seat or ask a question ahead of time, go to liveonweb.ttnews.com. Then join us at noon ET on Jan. 17 on this page for the live webcast.