[Stay on top of transportation news: Get TTNews in your inbox.]
Transport Topics Radio has expanded its rebroadcast programming on SiriusXM Radio, Channel 146.
Each week, host Dan Ronan, TT’s associate news editor/print and multimedia, brings listeners up-to-date news from government, business, logistics and other sectors of the industry.
The program initially airs live on Saturdays from 1-3 p.m. ET.
The program is also rebroadcast three times each weekend. In addition to the first airing, you can hear TT Radio at the following times:
• Saturday nights from 11 p.m. ET until Sundays at 1 a.m. ET
• Sunday afternoons from noon-2 p.m. ET
• Sunday nights from 9-11 p.m. ET
SiriusXM is available live and on demand at siriusxm.com with a paid subscription.
On our June 12 show, Ronan will be joined by:
- National Transportation Safety Board Chairman Robert Sumwalt on his 15 years on the NTSB, the contributions the agency makes to all modes of transportation and his pending retirement from the board after becoming one of the longest serving board members in the agency’s 54-year history.
- TT Senior Government Reporter Eugene Mulero on the state of negotiations on the Biden infrastructure proposal with lawmakers.
- Attorney Robert Tyson, managing partner of the law firm Tyson & Mendes in San Diego, on his new book, “Nuclear Verdicts: Defending Justice for All,” on why the trucking industry is being targeted by trial lawyers and what the industry should do to fight back.
On our June 5 show, Ronan was joined by:
- TT Government Reporter Eleanor Lamb on the latest on the Biden administration’s infrastructure plan and efforts by state governments to improve highways and roads in their states.
- Kodiak Robotics Head of Policy Daniel Goff on Kodiak’s expansion of its autonomous truck program in Texas.
- TT Senior Government Reporter Eric Miller on the latest on the New Orleans staged truck scandal and the guilty pleas by several of the people charged with federal crimes.
- Locomation’s Vice President of Strategy and Policy Finch Fulton on his company’s development of autonomous vehicles and the future of AVs.
On our May 29 show, Ronan was joined by:
- It’s our monthly Reporters Roundtable with TT Senior Government Reporter Eugene Mulero, CQ Roll Call Transportation Reporter Jessica Wehrman and Transportation Reporter David Shepardson with Thomson Reuters.
- As the nation holds ceremonies to remember our fallen military members, we talk about the meaning of Memorial Day with Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient and Founder/President of TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors) Bonnie Carroll.
- Tim Robertson, president of DHL Global Forwarding, Americas joins us to discuss DHL’s partnership with Longhorn Vaccines & Diagnostics to assure safety of COVID-19 lab testing equipment and supplies in Africa and Asia.
On our May 22 show, Ronan was joined by:
- Technology & Maintenance Council Executive Director Robert Braswell on TMC’s recently completed virtual conference, the upcoming Cleveland event and the industry’s shortage of truck technicians and ways to address that issue.
- ATA Chief Economist Bob Costello on the latest truck tonnage numbers and his concerns about the growing driver shortage.
- Texas Trucking Association President John Esparza on the win by his association in the Texas Legislature on tort reform to fight nuclear verdicts.
- FTR Intel Trucking Economist Avery Vise on his thoughts on the state of the trucking industry and overall U.S. economy.