WASHINGTON — Transport Topics collected honors in eight categories, including a gold award for its coverage of the 2018 Management Conference & Exhibition, as the American Society of Business Publication Editors handed out its 2019 Mid-Atlantic Azbee Awards on April 17.
Transport Topics won gold in the All Content division, Trade Show/Conference Coverage subcategory for its comprehensive and timely print and digital coverage of 2018 MCE.
TT also was honored with silver in five categories and bronze in two others.
Three of Transport Topics' award-winning features.
Silver was awarded for:
- Design, Front Cover, Special Issue or Supplement: Logistics 50 cover, “Reinventing Logistics.”
- Design, Web Article: National Truck Driving Championship grand champion article.
- Online Microsite/Special Section: Road to NTDC.
- Online Podcast: RoadSigns’ “Autonomous: Who’s Behind the Wheel of Tomorrow?”
- Online Feature Article: “How Drivers and Autonomous Trucks Could Work Together to Move Freight,” by Managing Editor/Features Seth Clevenger.
Transport Topics took bronze awards in these two categories:
- Print Feature Article, General Interest: “Freight Carriers Assure Umpires’ Gear is Safe, Arrives in Time for Each Game,” by Associate News Editor, Print/Multimedia Dan Ronan.
- Print Special Supplement: iTECH supplement, “How Drivers and Autonomous Trucks Could Work Together.”
Five of those entries have been declared finalists at the national level as well. The national awards will be presented during the 2019 ASBPE National Conference and Azbee Awards Banquet, May 10, at the Poynter Institute in St. Petersburg, Fla.