[Stay on top of transportation news: Get TTNews in your inbox.]
The Senate Commerce Committee on July 24 will meet for a hearing with several of President Donald Trump’s nominees for senior transportation positions.
The nominees are:
• Todd Rokita to be on Amtrak’s board of directors.
• Carl Bentzel to be a commissioner of the Federal Maritime Commission.
• Michael Kratsios to be an associate director at the Office of Science and Technology Policy.
• Michael Graham to serve on the National Transportation Safety Board.
• Jennifer Homendy was nominated to continue to serve on NTSB.
If confirmed, Graham indicated in a questionnaire issued by the committee that he “will abide by the legislative mandate of the NTSB.” Homendy responded that, if confirmed, she would “consider it a great honor and privilege to continue to serve my country to improve safety across all modes of transportation to prevent accidents and injuries and save lives.”
Meanwhile, the Senate has yet to consider the nomination of Michelle Schultz for a seat on the Surface Transportation Board. The Commerce Committee easily advanced her nomination earlier this month.
NTSB is an independent agency tasked with investigating aviation, highway, marine, pipeline and railroad accidents, and transportation accidents involving hazardous materials. The Surface Transportation Board is a regulatory agency for railroad rate and service matters.