Universal Truckload Services Proposes Name Change
Transportation and logistics services provider Universal Truckload Services Inc. announced plans to change its name to Universal Logistics Holdings Inc. as part of a rebranding effort.
“We want to emphasize the first word in the company’s name, Universal, while adopting a name that conveys more clearly the parent company’s role of providing a platform for a broad range of customer services by our operating subsidiaries,” CEO Jeff Rogers said in a statement Feb. 25.
UTSI ranks No. 27 on Transport Topics’ Top 100 list of largest for-hire carriers in the United States and Canada. The company also ranks No. 30 on TT’s Top 50 list of the largest logistics companies in North America.
The company’s core businesses will retain their current branding, company officials said. That includes:
• dry van truckload, dedicated and heavy/specialized carrier Universal Truckload
• drayage carrier Universal Intermodal Services, warehousing and distribution specialist Linc Logistics
• freight forwarder Universal Logistics Solutions International, expedited carrier CTX
• freight brokerage firm Calvary Logistics
• manufacturer and machines service provider Westport Axle.
The company will ask shareholders to approve the name change at the annual meeting of shareholders April 28.
© 2016, Transport Topics, American Trucking Associations Inc.
Reproduction, redistribution, display or rebroadcast by any means without written permission is prohibited.