Transport Topics Online  
The Newspaper of Trucking and Freight Transportation
Welcome  Guest  Log In         
11/2/2012 8:00:00 AM Write a Letter to the Editor Write a letter to the Editor

Caterpillar Logistics Changes Name to Neovia

Third-party logistics firm Caterpillar Logistics Services said Thursday it has changed its name to Neovia Logistics Services.

Los Angeles-based private equity firm Platinum Equity bought 65% of Caterpillar Inc.’s logistics unit in July for about $750 million, leaving Caterpillar a 35% stake.

The newly renamed Neovia translates to “a new path,” said CEO Jos Opdeweegh, who has extensive logistics experience in Europe, Asia and the Americas. He was named to the position in August.

The sale did not affect Caterpillar’s manufacturing logistics and transportation operations and Cat brand parts distribution, which continue as core businesses as part of Cat Logistics.

By Transport Topics

Follow Transport Topics on Subscribe to get up to the minute news briefs and more from our feeds. RSS Twitter Twitter Facebook Facebook

© 2012, Transport Topics Publishing Group. All rights reserved.


  RELATED ARTICLES
UPS to Buy Polish Health-Care Logistics Firm (12/18/2014 2:00:00 PM)
FedEx Net Income Climbs 23% as Unit Profits Rise (12/17/2014 8:50:00 AM)
FedEx Agrees to Buy Genco (12/15/2014 5:00:00 PM)
Konezny to Depart Trimble (12/15/2014 2:15:00 AM)
UTi’s Fiscal 3rd Quarter Losses Mount (12/15/2014 1:30:00 AM)
Konezny Departing Trimble to Become CEO at Digi (12/9/2014 7:00:00 PM)
 <

 
LATEST NEWS



 
LATEST JOBS
Follow Us

Newsletters

TTExpress
This free daily newsletter delivers the latest headlines.

TT Executive Suite
This subscriber-only newsletter program tailors your news.

Services

Advertising

EMU
iTech
© American Trucking Associations, Inc., All Rights Reserved TTNews.com Privacy Statement